E74 Error

Hello,

My Xbox 360 Elite is showing the E74 error. I've checked the internet and read it is probably due to manufacturing lacking the use of the proper paste for sticking the chips for AV (Graphics). I have not opened the console, but tried all the solutions Microsoft offers. Removing all cables, removing the harddisk etc.. Still the same problem occurs.

It is possible to get it repaired, but i'm not sure warranty applies.
Problem is, i've bought it from another person, so i do not have any proof of purchase.
But considering it might be a manufacturing fault, does warranty still applies?

I'm living in The Netherlands. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

The 1 year warranty applies to the person who registered the console on the Xbox.com website and is not transferrable when sold to another individual (which is standard for any electronic device warranty). The console is definitely in need of repair if it is giving you the e74 error. You can have it repaired by Microsoft for $80 to $120 depending upon the model you have and how you set up the repair ticket. It is cheaper to do so online than over the phone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yup what dlCHIEF58 said is true.

you most definitely need a repair for that error visit myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx to register your console and get a repair done and for all pricing as well.

:)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi i am having the same E74 issue where can i repair this. Has Xbox got a service center in Philipiines if so where is it located. I am in Mindanao area. Let me know please

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there ExpiredBeatle53!

Sorry to hear about the E74 error code issue.  You can set up a repair by reaching out to support from our Contact Us page or from our Online Service center page.  In the future, please go ahead and create a new thread.  This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you!

Sorry this didn't help.