e74 error warranty

My xbox broke down last october because of an e74 error. i checked with microsoft and they said the warranty had expired a week ago. That is total[Mod Removed]....if they know that they have a faulty product, they shouldn't limit the warranty like that. i find it unacceptable and disgusting how microsoft can treat its customers like this. Does ny1 no a way i can fix my xbox with out having to turn it in, cus i dont want microsoft robbing me anymore

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

All electronics have a limited warranty OP & MS is no different to any other company that makes electronic products.
Why people should expect a lifetime warranty on a product is beyond me, nothing is covered by warranties for longer than a year.

Self repair can not be discussed on the forums so no advice about fixing it yourself can be given here.
But the way I see it you can either send it in for repair or buy another console, whatever platform you decide.

If you had not waited since October you could have had it done if it only expired a week ago, that's not their fault either.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with you. I bought an xbox console last december as refurbished (not even one year working product). I understand that as refurbished item it doesn't have warranty, but hey! It's a system fault, I didn't break it so why I have to pay £75 for repair. I can pay postage costs but not for repair. So lets say I pay £75 for repair, get it back and after 10 month the same problem and the same costs? No thank you. If you buy windows for your computer and system has crashed do you buy new windows? NO! you can get it fixed for free. Why when it comes to console you have to pay to fix the system?

Sorry this didn't help.

it would help iof you use the correct example

no you are not covered for system crashes except for the 1 st year of purchase and if they find that it was an application that crashed windows you WILL be charged

all computers come with 1-3 year waranty depending on how much you spend

3 years on 1000dollar computers

1 year on anything less then 1000

if windows crashes in the 1st year your are covered for repair by the manufacturer

anything past that either you reinstall it yourself or use your backups or pay someone to do so however this is software

if your proccessor dies out of warranty  1 year btw

you would still have to cover the cost of the cpu

this is what extended warranties are for

Sorry this didn't help.

An e74 error on a original Xbox 360 usually has a 3 year extended warranty, just like the RROD.  If you have an Xbox 360 S model then I think it is only a 1year warranty.

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.