e66 error during update

It's been a long time since we have done an update. My husband got Halo 4 as a gift and we have an older xbox 360 (one of the first ones to come out) and it asked to do an update. During the update being applied, we get the on red light with an E66 error. Still won't read disk if we say no to the update. I was concerned that the disk was bad since he popped another game in there (condemed 2) and worked fine. We had this thing repaired as we suffered the red ring of death some years back. I have not seen any solutions, something tells me there is something in the update causing this since other games work fine?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sounds like it could be your xbox. Halo 4 probably did not work because it needs an update to play because the makers made it that way they could fix glitches and other problems so people wouldnt find glitches and exploit it. If the your copy of halo 4 works fine on another xbox, then it is probably not due too the game but that the xbox won't let it play because it needs the update. there is not any known fix but to repair your xbox or get a new one. sorry :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

After researching this, I have come to the same conclusion, this XBox just will not do the update. Lucky for Xbox my hubby is willing to buy another one. Not me. I bought this one..and the last one.  I am not much of a gamer anymore for one thing, but we had such an ordeal and got terrible customer service when we sent it in for repair on the red ring of death, had to send it for repair twice and I never played it again. My hubby did, though. I refuse to send it a third time. I will tell my hubby to buy him another one. For the price of shipping and repair, I can buy a new one for about the same I am sure.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.