E-mail linked to Gamertag blocked by Mircosoft and they will not unblock. I need to remove/change the linked e-mail account.

Gamertag: SaorsaBlack

The e-mail address that I have linked to this gamertag has been suspended/blocked my mircosoft. I have tried to recover this account and answer their security questions. However, I was unable to give enough information and their have refused to unblocked this on the grounds of security. The sole reason for the e-mail address was to have it linked to the gamertag and nothing more. The only ever e-mails received were from xbox & xbox forums topics and I had never sent a single e-mail from the account.  I think this is the result I'm failing security too as they wanted me to advise the 5 e-mail subject headers I had sent from that account. I couldn't cos I've never sent an e-mail from that account.

I have tried changing the e-mail address linked to my gamertag via my console earlier today. However, your system will not allow due to the above issue with Microsoft.

As Mircosoft won't help anymore in regard to the suspension/blocked e-mail account. I need Xbox.com to remove the e-mail address linked to this account?? Or can you advise what I need to do in order to remove/change the e-mail account linked to the gamertag??

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

There is nothing we can do here at the forums for you, unfortunately if Microsoft has blocked your e-mail address due to security reasons there's no way to retrieve it back from them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.

-

I don't want to retrieve the e-mail account!! The blocked email account  was only used for the sole purpose in posting and replies to things on the forum. I  want to change the e-mail account linked to my gamertag?

-

I have tried to change the e-mail account linked via the Account Management app on the 360 dashboard. This does not work due to the issue at hand.

-

Here's a separate question;

What does xbox.com do when a Xbox Live gold gaming account that has been hacked by a 3rd party due to a reason in having a security issue with the e-mail account linked to that Xbox live gamertag???

-

Only ask, cos every time I turn on my 360 and then playing online I am the one hacking into a Xbox live gold gaming account  which has my  payment billing information and other sensitive information on display due to the security issue with the linked e-mail address and if Xbox did nothing there is a serious flaw and they breach varies data protection laws.

-

Sorry this didn't help.

To change the Microsoft Account and get a new one linked to your Gamertag, you have to regain control of the old Microsoft Account, and there's no way around that.

However, if you were hacked, then call Xbox LIVE support at 1-800-469-9269 Option 2 and they can help get your account back.

Sorry this didn't help.