DVD Viewing Issue

Hi,

I've come across a strange glitch that I feel Microsoft should be made aware of.

First, you should know for the passed five years Xbox 360 has been my primary DVD player. A few weeks ago my old xbox passed away and I bought a new one. (A basic one with no hard drive, just the 4GB memory unit.) This was about the same time that I got the new update which changed the whole xbox interface. (I tell you this so that you may know what's causing the problem)

The problem I'm having is that, with most DVDs, my Xbox now gives me an error message that says "A required storage device as be removed. Your console will now restart". As you can imagine I was confused and angry that for some reason I could not watch a DVD on my Xbox anymore because of some weird issue (either with the new xbox or the new interface).... but then I discovered something. As long as I tap a button on the controller *before* this strange message comes up, the DVD will work just fine! Once it's over the hurdle, I can watch the whole movie in with out issue.

So I'm actually not having any problem here, it's just annoying, and I'm a bit curious to know why this is happening.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

Try clearing you cache on the console see if that gets it working.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Found answer here

forums.xbox.com/.../967205.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That seems to have fixed my problem!

Thank you, sir!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.