DVD issues - Xbox one

Hi guys,

Despite spending a large sum of money on the Xbox One, it won't play DVDs properly and I am using the 360 alongside it. There seems to be no option at all to change the aspect ratio and every DVD I put in displays in 4:3, not giving me the option to change. I don't particularly want to watch TV box sets with black borders around them and it seems farcical that Microsoft would develop a machine which destroys all of the good features of the 360 DVD player. On the 360 you can simply click on the display options bar and change the picture size - on the xbox one it doesn't exist or am I missing something really obvious? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

Am I going crazy here? Any fixes or confirmations that Microsoft put out an awful DVD player would be welcomed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can't get any reply to this either.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the same problem with DVD aspect ratio, although only on home made DVDs recorded on a toshiba DVD recorder. Bought DVDs play in the correct aspect ratio. I cannot find anything to change the aspect ratio anywhere, unlike the Xbox 360. Contacted Microsoft through chat, and got a link to display settings for......xbox360! Not a lot of help there. The fact that no ones replied to you since for 2 weeks implies that Microsoft are either ignoring this or know there's a problem but can't/won't fix it. Poor service.

Sorry this didn't help.