Dumb Mistake to do with windows live/xbox live and gamertag

Not sure how to explain and was not sure on title so sorry in advance.

I had been trying all day to get xbox live to work and could not get it to connect. So i came on the xbox website and clicked join xbox live and used my email address i use.

The problem is i then got my xbox 360 to work and connect through my computer and then starting going through the join xbox live that way thinking it would connect with the one i made on the website.

The problem is it is not saying "this windows live Id is associated with a different gamertag. Enter another windows live ID and Password."

The problem is i dont have another windows live account and i dont want one, so how do i get read of the one i am using right now so i can set up a different on the email account i want??

The reason i want to do this is because my facebook is also connected to my hotmail and i also want to upload all my gaming info and achivements to my gamertag rather than the gamertag i am stuck with that i created online.

please help i know i might be being really thick so sorry once again, all help is welcome.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you're wanting to use the gamertag you created on the website, you'd have to recover the gamertag on the console - support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile.aspx

If you're wanting to just change the email on the accounts, follow the instructions here - support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's okay! No problem! All you have to do is "recover gamertag" You can find this in the Xbox Guide menu by pressing the silver button with the green X on the controller. If you do not see the "recover gamertag" option, you may have to press the blue x to sign out of whatever current profile you are signed into. Good luck to you!

Sorry this didn't help.

just looking into the bottom link you game me, the problem is i manged to recover the gamertag that i didnt want onto my xbox and then deleted it so i will need to recover it again and then hopfully change the the address.

the gamertag i dont want is the one i am using now

Sorry this didn't help.