duel party chat one xbone

I like to play xbox one. my wife watch's me play about 80% of the time while doing her thing on her laptop..We have the same friends on the xbox live. So we chat alot with friends while playing. We use the kinect to chat with friends and when she is not here i use my head set. With the kinect it sounds like our head is in a bucket. Not as clear as the head set. So I  bought another headset and connected it to a controller for her to use. Both of us have a account on the xbox. So with both accounts activated at the same time here we were hoping that we can use the party chat at the same time having both head sets plugged in to 2 separate controllers and us signed in with each controller. Nope didn't work. Is this possible somehow else with out using the kinect?

Jazzy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

whats the average time line to get a answer around here? is there a 1-800 number i can call?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If each of you is signed into an account on the console (both should sign in using a controller each), meaning you need two accounts, you should be able to make this work by both being in the party chat.

I have not verified this myself, but I have seen it reported that while you will both be able to hear all the others and they all hear you, you will not be able to hear each other through the headsets as you are on the same console and that would cause some lag (where you hear each other 'in real life' and then a little after through headsets).

Let us know, but if you still want to call Support the number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269).

However, try this first and see how that goes.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't think we could hear other which is fine lol  but everything else is right on how it is set up and we should hear everyone else. .. we don't thou.

Sorry this didn't help.