Dual xbox and license issues

I will try to explain the problem as best I can

I had a generation one console, then decided to upgrade to slim w/Kinect.  Due to cloud gaming being enable I began to use both consoles (at individual times) for gameplay.  Now due to the generation one console being slightly old, and looking a little like it is dying, I have downloaded all my arcade games (50 +) to use that console purely for xbla stuff.  However, on a couple of the games it is asking me to buy the product (e.g Sonic, Trials HD ) whereas with trials HD and UNO it completely signes me out of xbl and then attempts to log back in freeze the box.  I have a feeling this is a license issue, if it is how do I go about enabling the licenses on both xbox's?

Many thanks for your help in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey xLsWX!

-

You can only have one full account license on one console at a time. You need to pick which console that will be. If you decide to go with your old console just follow the steps here support.xbox.com/.../download-content.

-

If you want to transfer your license to the new console just follow the same steps in that guide but you will also need to re download all those arcade games again (You will not be charged for those games again).

-

You could also just try re downloading those arcade games you have issues with.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ok sounds good, but whats the point with cloud gaming if due to licensing I can only have some games installed on one console?

Sorry this didn't help.

Only 1 console can hold the license it is enabled at time of purchase.

If you were to go to your second console, the account that purchased the items will still be able to use the items as long as you are connected to Xbox Live.

If you can not download the purchased content, because it wants you to purchase it again.

You can try to go to live.xbox.com/.../History search for the items that are looking to be download.

With your Old Console Off, add the item your Queue on the website, Go to your new console, and to Active downloads. It will say these items are intended for another console, and select to download them to this, the new console.

Then you should be able to play them on that console - as long as the purchasing account is connected to xbox live.

If there are any other Accounts that wanted to use that content on the new console, would have to do a License to allow access for them to play.

Sorry this didn't help.