DUAL Licenses for Familes with MULTI consoles!!!

Seriously!!! You guys need to fix this. I just spent $400+ on another xbox 360 with Kinect, 250GB Hard Drive, Kinect games, etc. And my kids can't play their $5 XBLA games on both consoles??? You NEED to fix this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bad practice. I bought the game, I should be able to play it on both of my consoles. It's not like I can sell it or copy it to someone else, without you guys know I don't own that machine. You KNOW what machines I own, therefore you should not have a problem with this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hear ya brother!!!!

forums.xbox.com/.../29750.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So long as your kids account is signed into XBL they can play their games on ANY console. They just won't be able to play the game on multiple consoles at the same time as an XBL account can only be logged into one console at a time.

All they have to do is download the content onto the console they want to play it on and if it is not the original console it was purchased on they would have to be signed into XBL to play the full version. (they only have to download it the first time, then from there on all they have to do is be logged into XBL to play it).

The best way to move profiles from console to console is to use a USB flash drive to store the profile on. You could use the Recover GT tool but 1) it takes too long and 2) it is not to be used for daily use as it has been known to corrupt a profile over time.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have  family pack all 4 should be able to play all paid for games on any account under the main account. Like me and my wife like to play UNO but they want me to buy it 2x so we can play it in different rooms. What a joke.

Sorry this didn't help.

You wont be able to play the game on both consoles at the same time, just like if you bought a disc game you would need two copies to play on two consoles at the same time.  As long as the Gamertag that bought the game is signed in, you will be able to play the games you bought on any console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, But then you have to do the recover game tag every time you move from room to room. Its a pain in the butt.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="MISFITSWITCH"]

Yep, But then you have to do the recover game tag every time you move from room to room. Its a pain in the butt.

[/quote]Keeping your gamertag on a USB device eliminates all the hassles.

-Jim

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="KLRSKIR"]

[quote user="MISFITSWITCH"]

[/quote]Keeping your gamertag on a USB device eliminates all the hassles.

[/quote]

I will have to try that out thank you. Will i have my game saves if i do this with USB?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="viper1829"]You guys need to fix this.[/quote]There's nothing to "fix". Licenses have been the same since the 360 launched. You get one console license per XBL item and one gamertag license per XBL item. The console license is bound to the first console the content is downloaded to. The gamertag license may be used anywhere the gamertag logs in.[quote]And my kids can't play their $5 XBLA games on both consoles???[/quote]If each child's gamertag owns a license, yes, they can play the content anywhere they can log in.[quote]I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bad practice.[/quote]What, DRM to control piracy of content? If you don't like DRM, I suggest setting up a gaming PC for the kids and buying content from Good Old Games.[quote]I bought the game,[/quote]You bought a license to use the content. Your kids did not.[quote]I should be able to play it on both of my consoles.[/quote]As the license holder, you can.[quote]It's not like I can sell it or copy it to someone else,[/quote]And the license system is how Microsoft ensures that isn't possible.[quote]You KNOW what machines I own, therefore you should not have a problem with this.[/quote]The Live system is set up so that content can be used on one console by any gamertag, or by the purchasing gamertag on any console. if you wanted to bind content to up to five consoles, you should buy a PS3. The PS3 license system binds your account to up to five consoles. It does not give you the option to use your account on ANY PS3 at any time. You have to deauth one of your consoles before you can switch to a sixth console.

Two different DRM schemes. Both have their drawbacks.[quote user="MISFITSWITCH"]Will i have my game saves if i do this with USB?[/quote]If you store the saves on the USB MU, yes. You can Copy or Move saves from System Settings, Memory.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the very informative post. I have run into this problem recently myself. My girlfriend was getting more into gaming, specifically XBLA games like ilomilo and plants v zombies, so I began purchasing titles for us to play. Recently she purchased her own xbox so she could have kinect and this is where problems begin.

She does not live with me and we both wanted her to have access to the games that led to her purchasing an xbox so I upgraded to a family account so she could have a profile associated with mine and could play games elsewhere. I thought this would be okay as other profiles had played these games on my console without being associated with my gamertag.

Long story medium-length: I want her to have access to my games on her console elsewhere. If there is a license associated with console, would trading consoles allow this? I could use my gamertag license on the new console and she use console license with her new gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

not really

you own the licenses on your console

all profiles on the purchasing console has the right to access the content

however on any other console the original purchasing gamertag must be signed into live at all times

you can use the drm transfer tool at www.xbox.com/drm however you will need to signed into her xbox and redownload it for her

but your console will no longer have the lconsole license and your gamertag tag must remain connected to live at all times if other profiles want to use the content or even you

but either way only one console can use it at a time on live

Sorry this didn't help.