Dual display connection

I just bought a second TV for my bedroom and would like to split the output from my 360S in my living room to this TV. The rooms are adjacent, so it's within about 10-15 feet, so distance isn't too much of an issue Currently running the signal from my 360 to main TV via HDMI. I understand that one option is to use an HDMi switch to direct the signal to whichever TV I want to use. Totally an option, but I'd like to avoid the cost of a switch and new cable. I already have some pretty long component cables so I'm wondering if it's possible to have a setup with both HDMI and component? Will the Xbox send the signal through both, or will it only go through the HDMI? Assuming it does both, I would need to to get the component output cable for the 360S correct? Does that cable block the the HDMI port (similar to the composite cable)? If I went this route, would I be better off just investing in the splitter and HDMI cable? Thanks for your advice!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="WeakSasco"]If I went this route, would I be better off just investing in the splitter and HDMI cable? Thanks for your advice!

[/quote]You've asked quite a few questions there, but I'll summarize by just answering the last one. Yes, you would be better off just buying a HDMI switch and cable. Otherwise you'll need to purchase the component cable output, modify it (to fit), and use female-to-female adapters. I'd venture a guess that the time and money saved alone would make the HDMI switch route much more appealing.