Driver: San Fransisco is Great

I picked this up to have something to do until "Dead Island" and "Space Marines" came out.

I am really surprised by how good this is.

Single Player is a great mix of story and Open World with tons of different driving missions to do.

Multiplayer has lots of different modes and they are great fun online.

I thought the "Jump from car to car" mechanic would make this suck.

Instead it's turning out to be a great and fun twist to the game.

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I have to dissagree! ( Even though I know people who would agree )

First off this daft idea of being able to swap between cars/people, I'm sorry but for me this just doesn't belong in a game like Driver! really spoiled it for me before I even got started! Also and I don't know if it's just me but this game can't make up it's mind whether it's Driver,Need For Speed, Crazy Taxi, it's totally lost the feel of previous Driver games! Some might say this is good thing but not for me!

Also and I've seen quite a few people mention this including in some reviews but some of the later missions seem to be based on pure luck rather than judgement which can lead to pure frustration and the game really does lose it's appeal!

Just my opinion of course but so glad I got this really cheap and will more than earn my money back when it gets traded in next week!

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

First off this daft idea of being able to swap between cars/people, I'm sorry but for me this just doesn't belong in a game like Driver! really spoiled it for me before I even got started!

[/quote]

I feel the same way but then this isn't "Driver".  It's "Driver: San Fransisco".

Hollywood are in the process of making a "new version" of pretty much everything that ever worked before in the past... "The Dukes of Hazzard", "The A-Team" and while they might be watcheable they simply aren't as good as the original.

So just like creating an up to date version of "The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time" probably wouldn't catch the original magic of the original game I doubt the same "Driver" in an updated format would capture the same magic of the original.

As for what the game is trying to be, this variety makes the game fun.  It does a lot of different things really well.

Have you found yourself warming up to the "Shift" feature as you continue to play?

I can agree with this not being your 'definative Driver Franchise experience' but it's still a pretty fun game.

Az

i am loving this game, it adds a new way to play and be cunning about it, cars actually handle well once your use to it. excluding driver 1 this is the best yet.