Dreadful return of dashed lines/rainbow effects on screen?

Hello again forum, I posted a topic a while ago with the same issue. I thought I had fixed it, but boy was I wrong!

Original thread - http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/p/17002/106740.aspx#106740

Sadly it only had a temporary fix and now is back with avengence! The xbox is hot to the touch, I'm sure this an overheating problem as it only happens when I've been playing for an hour or so if that. Surely I can't be the only one suffering with this issue? 

Any help would be gladly received.

Many thanks, Be Something.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

It does sound like your console is now in need of repair at this point. You can set one up here: myservice.xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello again Miss Portia, I've been through all of this before. I sent it away and they couldn't find a fault with it? ...obviously they aren't testing them properly. Do you think I should send it off again, for them only to return it back saying they couldn't find anything?

I need some sort of confirmation from Xbox saying that they are aware of this kind of issue. I can't be the only one?

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't know how to edit my last post so lol ^o^

I had a lovely conversation with one of your friendly staff as well to try and see what she could say.

Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.

Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'Jessica'

Jason: Since I've bought my Xbox 250GB Slim the console seems to, over a period of time of gaming, display dashed lines and rainbow like effects on the display. Makes impossible to play, only remedy is to turn completely off and then back on again. I've sent the console off to Xbox to be repaired and they said they couldn't find a fault with it? I think the console is overheating? Here is a few pictures illustrating my problem: [View:http://i56.tinypic.com/2cca5x.jpg] [View:http://i54.tinypic.com/2i7u904.jpg]

Jessica: Hi there, Jason. Good morning! Do you mind if I call you Jason? I'll just review your notes for a second if that's OK.

Jason: Sorry, Good morning :) I don't mind Jessica, thank you for your time.

Jessica: Oh, no, you're fine, don't be worrying. So the hardware team were saying they can't find a fault, but it's good that we know that you sent it off and that was their thought as well.

Jessica: Have you tried it on another screen, by any chance?

Jason: I have and still get the same issue. I've even tried using a different output cable, AV instead of HDMI and still the same issue.

Jason: It's almost like it's overheating?

Jessica: I think if it was an overheating issue, the general rule of thumb is that you'd be seeing red lights on the power button by now, however. I'm just looking up your console serial number.

Jessica: Ah, there's the repair notes. OK well there's a few different things we can troubleshoot for you this morning, if you'd be near the console? If not though, I can send you a few links that you'd be able to have a look at later.

Jason: Yep, I'm at home. Console is ready :)

Jason: I've tried the hold the right trigger and Y button to reset the drivers by the way.

Jessica: Ah brilliant. OK. The first thing we can start off with is making sure that the console software is updated. Did you download the most recent update, by the way? It should have come in a few weeks ago.

Jason: I might of, is there a way of checking?

Jessica: I'll just find the place for you now, if it's all right if I ask you to wait for me for just a second?

Jason: Sure :)

Jessica: Hi there Jason! I'm back. Thanks very much for waiting for me.

Jessica: There's some questions I have to ask you if that's all right?

Jason: Yep, shoot.

Jessica: Does this still happen if the hard drive is taken out?

Jason: I haven't tried that yet.

Jessica: Ah, all right. Could you give that a try? I'll be here.

Jason: Okay, I'll let you know.

Jessica: Any luck?

Jessica: Are you still there, Jason? I haven't had a response for a good while now.

Jessica: I haven't heard back from you for quite some time now. If you'd like to continue this chat, just let me know.

Jessica: As I have not heard from you for some time, I am going to close this chat.  If you need any help in future, please do not hesitate to contact Xbox Customer Support again.

Since She didn't want to wait for the issue to appear she left the chat. As the issue still appears even though the hard drive is removed after 1 hour 35mins of gameplay.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear your chat conversation was good. :) I'd recommend sending it off for repair at this time, since she did bring up a few other troubleshooting steps that did not quite work.

Sorry this didn't help.