Dragon Age 3 is " stunningly beautiful " says dev.

As fans of the Dragon Age series we are pretty glad to here some positive words on the latest game's development, so you'll understand why we have a smile on our face when hearing that one of the developers has described it as "stunningly beautiful."

That's according to BioWare's Neil Thompson who credits that game's good looks to the Frostbite 2 engine and promises that once screens arrive people will not feel let down.

"Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 were both done using BioWare's own Eclipse engine, and it was starting to creak a little bit when Dragon Age 2 came out. Inquisition is being done on the Frostbite 2 engine and it is an astonishingly powerful engine," Thompson told OXM.

"
The Dragon Age artists were always slightly disappointed at how their work was visualised in the final product with Eclipse, but with Frostbite, they've just done some amazing stuff. There was a pre-production period where almost on a weekly basis I'd be sitting in the environment reviews and being blown away by what was coming out - it looks stunningly beautiful. So I think when we do start releasing screenshots, people won't be disappointed."

"We think we have something special for Dragon Age 3: Inquisition," concluded Thompson.

Sounds exciting, although we are still not sure which platforms that the game will eventually arrive on.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can't wait for this to be released!

^ Same here.

Has there been an official release date confirmed does anyone know? The sites I use it just says .. "TBC"

I get the feeling this will be a next-gen game. Would be brill if it was a launch game!

The demo for DA2 put me off buying it, so will wait for the demo for this before deciding

-

As fore release, this could well become a launch line up for the next gen consoles, but not seen anything concrete on release date

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

I get the feeling this will be a next-gen game. Would be brill if it was a launch game!

[/quote]

I wondered that.

Mind you with alot of games that should be out this year that haven't got a release date yet I'm always thinking if they are coming to next gen rather than the 360.

Like you said though, it would be a brilliant launch title.

More intricate combat, co-op and more customization would put a smile on my face :)

Looks can be decieving

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]The demo for DA2 put me off buying it, so will wait for the demo for this before deciding[/quote]Dragon Age 2 is a good game, it's just not a particularly good sequel. It suffered for me because they wanted to make it more like Mass Effect when it didn't need to be, it needed to be more like Dragon Age.

As to Dragon Age 3 I'll be looking forward to it with a very sceptical eye. 

All that is gold does not glitter.

The best Bioware games of this generation have been the least pretty ones, and while I would love Bioware to turn things around with DA3 I can't realistically see it happening.

Lets be fair, the dev is hardly going to turn round and say "actually it looks like crap, its just more Mass Effecty now so i wouldn't bother"

That would of impressed me more.