Downloads Help!!

So I had posted a couple of months ago about having download issues with digital copies of games.  I spent days working with my router and settings to no avail.  I was finally able to get the game to download by hooking my Xbox 1 directly to my cable modem.  I just blew this off as being a glitch or something with the download site.

Since then I have had tried to download 3 more games all from different companies and they will either get stuck at a certain percentage of do nothing.  This can't be normal.  I know that the downloads have stopped because I can go into the Bandwidth usage screen and see the current activity at 0 mb/s.  So it is not like it is just downloading a large file and the percentage is going up slow, it has stopped all together.

I can verify that my Xbox when hooked to my router is showing an Open NAT and I have all the ports forwarded on my router.  I have also tried the "DMZ" function on my router and that did not help.  I have the firewall turned off on the router also.  The only thing that seems to work is plugging it straight into the cable modem, which is a pain.

There has to be a solution or something stupid that I am over looking.  Any advice will be great!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Asus N66R that is about 2 months old and I have two Xbox Ones, one about a year old and another that is 2 weeks old.  I was having the problem when I just had the one Xbox and the Asus router.

I actually do not know how long I have had the problem because I have not purchased any digital games until lately.  I have had issues with doing the game updates but they are usually just slow but do finish.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lol not a problem :)

What router are you using?

Sorry this didn't help.

Opps sorry forgot to include, I am hardwired through the router.  I have WiFi turned off on the Xbox 1.

Thanks though.

Sorry this didn't help.

This maybe a long shot. Is there any other wireless things nearby that could interfere with the wifi connection?

I recently changed my router and it kept randomly disconnecting after some trial and error found that my wireless headset reciver that was sat ontop of my Xbox (as it has always been with no problem on the old router) was blocking the wifi, moved it a couple of feet away and no problem

So maybe something blocking it somewhere, some routers have a switchable channel so if you can and haven't tried that already may be worth a shot :)

Sorry this didn't help.