downloading profile from one xbox to another

I have been trying to down load my profile to a new Xbox    I have transfer my old hard drive onto  the new Xbox and my profile was the only one that is not showing up  I have went though the download process and it starts but then it gives me a message stating " Can't download profiles right now try again later   8007005"  what does this mean?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

could be your connection or problems with your account

try clearing the system cache on your xbox then try to re-download your gamertag

On your old Xbox did you log out of your account before trying to transfer it? I know when I try to do a recovery of my account onto my other Xbox in my bedroom, I have to make sure it is logged out first on the other one.

[quote user="L J Gibbs91"]

I have been trying to down load my profile to a new Xbox    I have transfer my old hard drive onto  the new Xbox and my profile was the only one that is not showing up  I have went though the download process and it starts but then it gives me a message stating " Can't download profiles right now try again later   8007005"  what does this mean?

[/quote]

I have bought the new MW3 console to replace my Elite. I have heard the stories about not being able to download profiles to the new console for what ever reason. I decide to do a direct transfer of the data with a transfer cable. You can find the cable at a local GameStop here is the link to one: Xbox360 Transfer Cable

It worked beautifully for me. Even though it took sometime to transfer all the data, I didn't get any error codes. I highly recommend this to anyone.

hey why don't you all just put your profile on a flash drive instead of all this downloading and recovery????

you can try moving the profile to the a USB and re download it on the other xbox see if that helps you out

here is a link to all the steps support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

My guess is that the OP figured out the solution since the post is from six months ago. o.O

-Jim

Delete the gamertag that is in your Hard Drive and Download it.

wtf? how the hell can you download it if you have deleted it? oy...

Clear your System Cache and delete your PROFILE ONLY and re-download it.