Downloaded game disk read error

I have recently downloaded a game from the marketplace and do not own a hard disk yet I keep getting disk read errors about 20 minutes into playing. I have cleared the system cache and deleted the game and re-downloaded it. I am using a standard black xbox with a 250GB hard drive which is about two years old. I have had this error occasionally with other games but chalked it up to a possible scratch or dirty lens. However since this game does not have a disk and it is happening more frequently (5 times today) I'm not quite sure what it could be. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

What it may be is if your disk is scratched it is hard too download on too your hard drive too solve this go to video easy and purchase the same game then download the game with that and your disc should work the way I know this is it happened too my black ops 1 hope this helps :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there it sounds like the hard drive might either need a bit of maintenance or replacing. The first step is to check that it is the HDD and not a problem with the console itself.

First format a usb device for your Xbox. support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Then disconnect your hard drive. support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Now download your gamertag and game to the USB device and see if the game runs without error.

If the game plays fine from your USB device I would suggest first that you clear your cache, then if you're still having problems you should backup any game saves and other data you want to keep and then format the hard drive, this will wipe everything on there so backup first!

If you're still having problems after that try some of the other steps listed in the link below or contact Microsoft about a repair or replacement hard drive.

support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive

https://myservice.xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.