Download games on day 1?

Being that I'm going all digital and haven't purchased any games, does anyone know if downloadable games will be available day 1? Even with a midnight launch, if I power that bad boy up will I be met with an empty Xbox store?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a feeling that since they are really pushing (Some would argue too hard) for Digital games this year, I expect that 'bad boy' will be full of Day one goodness at Midnight on the 22nd. At least that's what has been promised. Day One digital access to all new releases.

Isn't Killer Instinct digital only?

[quote user="EmoCowardlyLion"]

Being that I'm going all digital and haven't purchased any games, does anyone know if downloadable games will be available day 1? Even with a midnight launch, if I power that bad boy up will I be met with an empty Xbox store?

[/quote]

I'm planning on doing exactly the same only difference is that mine will be delivered from the Microsoft Store so I won't have it at mid-night

I also plan on digital only.   But, like the poster above, my box is mail order.  In my case Amazon so I don't expect to see it until about 8PM on release day.  I just hope the servers are stable on day one and I can download a game or two after that LONG (20-30 minute I seem to recall reading somewhere) day one update to the system.

I'm sure they'll flip the switch on digital a few minutes before midnight so that as soon as you get the day one update downloaded, you can download games.

It would be good if you could download the games a day or two early to a usb flashdrive on the 360 and copy them over to the Xbox One to save download time day one. Just an idea

Actually you would need a massive flashdrive lol just thought about that, maybe if it was just the portion that lets you pay straight away whilst it downloads the rest, the more I go on the more ridiculous this idea sounds. Sorry guys waste of a post.

they should be there.... I mean GTAV is already in GOD... which surprised me....

@Mythago I have a 1tb drive,It would be great if I could download them early

[quote user="Phantom2k83"]

@Mythago I have a 1tb drive,It would be great if I could download them early

[/quote]

Oh wow it seems for you it's not a bad idea at all, awesome. I'll be investing in one too, eventually but Xbox One won't support external storage at launch unfortunately