Download and NAT issues

Hello,

I recently moved and set up a new home network. At my previous residence I had no issues with xbox live ( I also had rented gear from time warner). When I set up my new network I decided to buy a new Modem (SB6121) and a new router (Linksys e2500). I was told this was good equipment for my needs and would work well with Roadrunner Turbo. I recently tried connecting my xbox to live for the first time and my new residence and it took longer than usual to connect. When it finally connected it gave me the 8007ee2 error so, I decided to test my connection. The test revealed that I had a restricted NAT. For the heck of it, I tried to download Netflix and the progress bar would not move. I tried to download a game demo and the progress bar would not move (not even 1%). So then I cleared my cache and tried it again only to get the same results. I then began to use the xbox live forums to repair my connection. The results have been the same no matter what I have tried. So, now I am reaching out to the Xbox live community. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

jebus 2point0

New York State
Modem brand & model number: Motorola SB6121
Router brand & model number: Linksys E2500
Internal Wireless Adapter
Things I have tried: Power Cylcling  the Modem and Router with all devices off (including xbox), Port Forwarding/Disabling UPnP, Clearing System Cache, Manual Input of IP, Gateway, Subnet, and DNS.
Is UPnP Enabled? Presently, No
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? Yes, Strict
Any Error Codes you encounter:  80072ee2, 800700E8, 8007054b4
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner (Road Runner Turbo)

W:0000 - 0021
X:0000 - 000D
Y:0000 - 0000
Z:0000 - 0000
ID:0003 - 0000
L:0015 - 10F0
Q:8007 - 0435
T: Wireless
D: 209.18.47.61, 209.18.47.62
S:WPA2
C:6

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:
Hey jebus, Please make sure to try the following:
  • Try Opening the Ports for Xbox Live. You can find a tutorial on how to do this Here.
  • Make sure that your router's firmware is up-to-date. You can find the latest firmware on the routers manufacturers website.
Please post back on how this worked out for you =) Regards, SamxBroski

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, thank you for the quick response.

I updated the firmware on the e2500 and followed the directions on the link and checked it over twice. Now the xbox is having a hard time finding the wireless network. I have to keep restarting the search until my network shows up. I feel like this is unrelated to the changes that I was instructed to make. Maybe I am not getting a good signal. I will move the router around until the xbox can consistently find the network. I will also track down and ethernet cable to attempt a wired connection.

Thanks again,

Jebus

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there jebus!

Please let us know how that wired connection and the wireless connection with the router closer work for you! Those were the same things I was going to ask you to try. =)

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry it took me so long to check in folks. The past week has been crazy.

Ok, so after working with some settings on the router and xbox for a few days with no change I broke down and plugged the xbox directly into the router.  With the xbox plugged in everything works perfectly with no issues. I must be getting some interference or the wireless is busted in the xbox. I'm just going to use the xbox plugged in for a while. Thanks for the help.

jebus 2point0

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Jebus!

I'm glad to hear the wired connection works for you! If you'd like to keep troubleshooting the wireless connection, let us know and we'll try our best to assist. =)

Sorry this didn't help.