Downgrading/changing my membership

I currently am unemployed and need to save money. I want to stop my Gold membership and change it to a free Silver membership, if those still exist. I am assuming I'd be able to keep my achievements and such, maybe not my friends list but I can get that back. How do I go about doing this? How do I cancel my Gold membership? I can't seem to find a way to do this. As soon as I have a job again, I do intend to go back to being a Gold member.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi there.

What you'll need to do is contact the xbox support line for your region and request to cancel the gold membership through them. If you previously purchased the gold subscription with a credit/debit card then simply ask to deativate automatic renewal. Once this is deactivated your account will revert back to silver when the current gold membership ends.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have it on a credit card? If so you can do it by calling billing at 800-4MY-XBOX in the US. You still keep all you DLC, Friends and achievements. You just lose out on gold features like Facebook, online gaming and chat etc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.