Downgrade my account to Silver

Here is the scoop.  My credit card expired before my Gold renewal date.  The folks at Microsoft ran the card anyhow and forced an approval.  Fraud and theft.  I do not use the Gold services anymore.  I have no need for a Gold membership, Silver is more than enough.  The website says I need to call some number to change my account.  Here is the deal--I didn't need to call anyone to setup the account.  Make the change.  Stop charging my card.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Zhit: When you sign up for Gold via credit card, it defaults to auto renew your account. All you have to do to turn this off is call phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and ask. You should do that now and while there, ask for a refund on the LIVE time you didn't want. How long has it been since this auto renewal charged occurred?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

nope READ the terms of use of your creditcard

if a creditcard is expired or canceled but a PENDING CHARGE happens the creditcard company will honor ANY debit and you are liable due to ther terms of use of your creditcard

the correct procceedure according to your creditcard company would be to give cancelation notice to the billing company (ms and they can dictate how you have to cancel)

and YES it is in the terms of service of your creditcard

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, if you took the time to call 1800-4My-Xbox to take off your credit card on your account you wouldn't be in this situation my friend. Also, Microsoft did not "steal" money from you, it's 100% your fault.

Sorry this didn't help.