Double Vision?

Was playing F1 a few night back and was In deep concentration and hardly took my eyes of the track, Needless to say for a couple hours after playing I suffered from double vision, Pretty upset If I cant play my fav genre any more, Anyone else had this? Eyes returned to normal a couple hours after I stopped playing F1. Played a few games between now and then and not suffered It.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How close do you sit to your screen and how big is the screen?

-

Rock Band Blitz does this, get a brief tunnel vision moment when the tracks end as my eyes readjust to normality, when you focus on something it does play with your eyesight

I was a fair bit back, about four or five feet, 27 inch screen I think.

You could be sitting at the wrong angle to the TV screen. Check out this guide to how far you should sit from the TV.

www.hdtvtest.co.uk/.../How-Far-Should-I-Sit.php

I got messed up vision back on the old xbox playing Splinter Cell with night vision on... I guess staring at shades of green for hours on end temporarily adjusted my vision or something like that.... weird one, never happened since...

[quote user="Steve Of The O"]

I had trouble after playing Arkham City in 3D. Didn't realise how long i'd being playing and afterwards felt like my eyes were trying to pop out of my head. Not very nice.

Now if I'm playing in 3D on anything I generally set an alarm on my phone for every hour and take about 5 - 10 minutes out. Hasn't happened again.

[/quote]

Even if I watch a film in 3D I don't watch it all the way through in one go, usually take a break about 45 mins in otherwise chances are I could be nursing a nice migraine. 

You're straining your eyes too much when they are focussed on the screen.  I'd recommend taking short breaks in between races, also make sure the lighting is adequate and suitable in your room.  For example, watching a bright screen in a dark room will tire your eyes more.

I'm guessing this must be an even bigger problem for those who like their 3D gaming

I had trouble after playing Arkham City in 3D. Didn't realise how long i'd being playing and afterwards felt like my eyes were trying to pop out of my head. Not very nice.

Now if I'm playing in 3D on anything I generally set an alarm on my phone for every hour and take about 5 - 10 minutes out. Hasn't happened again.

Thanks for the tips guys, will bear them in mind.

Your eyes were concentrated for a long period of time hence the time it took for re-adjustment. They should be fine but would recommend taking a break every hour or so to prevent it happening again.