Double Standards <rant>

Now, I know there have already been threads about the rumor that the PS4 will use 3.5 gb of memory for their OS and have 4.5 for gameplay.  I am not here to announce this to you.  HOWEVER, something about this bothers me.

Previously, Microsoft stated that their OS would take 3 gb of memory leaving 5 for gaming and everyone FREAKED THE FRACK OUT.  They used it as yet another negative aspect against the X1 and continued to ridicule it's specs in comparison to the competitors.  

NOW, Sony says the same thing (potentially, since it's a rumor), and all the sony fans start talking logically about "how ram works" and how it will still be plenty to run games, etc etc.  This was the same **** we were saying before but now cause Sony does it, it must be okay.  This pisses me off.  Enough with the double standards.   I understand people will have bias about things based on which system they prefer, but c'mon... you can'y just change 'facts' like that like how ram works and if it will or won't be enough to sue based on it benefiting the console you are rooting for.  

I know this rant will most likely come of nothing but I just needed to get this out there.  I'm sure I'm not the only one annoyed by this silly console war BS.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/26/35gb-of-playstation-4-ram-reportedly-reserved-for-os?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Totally agree. It's hilarious.

Agree 100%

There is no rationalizing with either side which is why people should discuss features here instead of saying why they personal will or will not buy something. If ps4 put the eye in tomorrow Sony fans would call it a good move.

One is a rumour and the other detail..

-

We could easily argue about how some dismiss Xbox One rumours and say "wait for official confirmation" but accept all PS4 rumours as fact.

I thought the argument was that Ps4 was 40% more powerful.

The power calculations were based on what both companies stated power output and not OS Ram dependent. (Except MS who claimed 32MB of ESram had increased their machines performance by 80% lol)

I.E everyone is claiming "Ha Xbox have more Ram than PS4"

When the reality is the Ps4 ram has better capabilities hence its still entirely possible with 0.5Gb less ram that the Ps4 is still 40% more powerful.

Which if true would be insanely funny.

[quote user="voteDC"]

-

We could easily argue about how some dismiss Xbox One rumours and say "wait for official confirmation" but accept all PS4 rumours as fact.

[/quote]

I'm sorry... when did I ever state that it was fact.  I have disclaimers twice in my post saying it's a rumor. 

A Truthful Thread and watch the Playstation Defense Force assemble.

Keep in mind, while on Xbox.com...

[quote user="LostKauz"]

A Truthful Thread and watch the Playstation Defense Force assemble.

Keep in mind, while on Xbox.com...

[/quote]

I come to this thread, not as a fan of any company, but as a representative of logic.

Truth =/= rumor

A MS fanboy on Xbox.com [sarcastic surprise]

Rumor or not, I already stated my piece on RAM in these consoles when the 12GB rumor was flying for XB1. It isn't needed. 5GB is going to be more than enough. The 7GB (well perceived amount that Sony was going to allow for games) was NOT going to make it better. If Sony debunks the rumor next week it still doesn't change that. Their hardware is so similar it is going to boil down to who better optimizes their console. Even that becomes more meaningless on multi-plats. It isn't a Kinect thread so I had to 5 star it lol

[quote user="MurderTramp17"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

-

[/quote]

I'm sorry... when did I ever state that it was fact.  I have disclaimers twice in my post saying it's a rumor. 

[/quote]

The point is, the double standard goes both ways. Not pointing at you, necessarily.

The only thing I see is people pointing fingers, but not a one at themselves.