Double gamertag related to my Xbox Live account.

Hello.

Lately I'v been trying to change my gamertag into a new one, but the console gave me the 80190848 error code. So I cross-checked all the bill information in both my Xbox Live account and in my Microsoft account and everything was coerent. Furthermore I made a few purchases on the marketplace to make sure my payment options were up and runnning.

So I called the Microsoft phone support in my country just to find out that there are two identical gamertag related to my account and for that I cannot change my gamertag.

They told me to post the issue here so it can be sorted out by the support team.

So here I am, hoping in a prompt resolution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

What I would do in this situation is if you are signing into an xbox 360, you can then go to settings>account>your information>account security>change Microsoft account>and change the gamertag that is currently signed in at this point, you can either leave the 2 gamertags on which accounts they are currently on, or go to account.live.com and sign in onto both accounts and switch them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Look, the situation is not that simple. The two gamertags are IDENTICAL (I know I didn't specify it in the thread title, my bad) and from the end-user seems like one. The Microsoft Support in Italy told me there is a system anomaly and to contact the Microsoft Xbox support via the forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello??

Is there anyone from support here in the Xbox Support forum??

As I said before, Italian Xbox phone support told me to post the issue here so it could be sorted out!

Your system generated a double Gamertag "Shockwaver350" in my XBL account and now I cannot change my gamertag.

Could I have some attention from Support team here in the Xbox Support forum, please?....

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know why support keeps sending people here, forum support is primarily community based and even the official support people have very restricted account access.

Sorry this didn't help.