After about 7 minutes of game play my video craps out on me. I can still faintly see my game (movement etc) but the screen is overwhelmed with dotted lines and rainbowish colors. Read some forums here, but not having any luck. Did anyone else encounter this issue and what was the final fix?
Some background info:
1. Brand new console, bought Dec 22 2012
2. Visual distortion only occurs on DISC games, not in dashboard or demos etc.
3. Cables are correctly attached at both ends.
4. Console is standing alone, not crowded so as to avoid overheating.
5. Using standard A/V RCA cables, not HDMI as my HDMI ports on my TV do not work.
6. Issue occurs around 5-7 minutes into game play. I can check stuff out on Xbox live or dashboard for a looong time and it doesn't happen, but as soon as I go to play a game it fritzes out on me.
7. I have reset the default visual settings, to no avail.
8. Xbox support phone line is on an hour long wait and I have been waiting over 2 hours for an online chat agent, so any ideas are welcome, I have all night!
9. Console is an Xbox 360 s 4 GB with no Hard Drive