Dont worry my X1 army we picked right!

Guys, i think the seal is there now X1 is definitely on a different level then PS4.. I was very dissapointed with gamescom for sony they showed 15 of the apparent 20 new ips and they are indies.. I really feel that sony is manipulating people with this vague information and then releases dissapointment. Microsoft has been honest from the beginning and honestly i know many people at this time that have cancelled PS4 preorders it is a very dissapoint console for something supposed to be next gen. Xbox one Dead rising 3, Quantum Break, Halo, TitanFall, Killer Instinct, i mean what have PS4 showed to compete? a bunch of indie games that i can play on my smart phone.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

they seem pretty equal to me, comes down to exclusives like most new it would

I watched it and didn't really expect anything earth-shaking to begin with. Ill be completely honest here though... On the XB1 side of things, they absolutely have not one exclusive I even care to purchase so far. Fable into a co-op? Forza with storefront and auction house gutted? Another Halo? No thanks. Ill be getting BF4 and Watchdogs for the XB1 as the exclusives tanked for my personal taste.

Aside from the potential sh!tstorm a topic like this can create, I do agree that their conference was utterly underwhelming. I watched the whole thing and nothing made me excited for the console. I was also surprised that so many of the newly announced titles (indie and otherwise) were stated to be "exclusive at launch". I can read between the lines there; sounds like limited exclusivity to me... Not only that, but their continued jabs at MS and the X1 are just childish at this point......

I wasn't able to watch but what stupidity did they use this time to take shots at MS?

They almost made it all the way through, but right at the end they made a comment regarding the multiple reversals MS has been making as of late, and how the Sony vision has been steadfast and always focused on the gamer (or some such nonsense) .... the way I see it, MS is listening to the community and making changes for the better.... how is that a bad thing??

companies have to spin it their own way. Sony can say they stuck to their ways and have a lower price while MS can say they listened to their fans and changed and have more value for their price

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

they seem pretty equal to me, comes down to exclusives like most new it would

[/quote]

i think for early adopters this is true. but in the long run factors will establish themselves. like how kinect and azure will pan out for gaming. how the guide and kinect ui will work for media. how gaikai will work for streaming. how sonys deal with viacom works. etc. once people have hands on experience with these features they may tip the scales out of balance.

i think we'll still see the graphics be neck and neck for years to come, and i do hope they pull off some cool stuff with Kinect, saw this video on Engadget where they try to demo how the Kinect could be used in a FPS... i'm personal on the fence about it.

In my opinion, cheap shots like that just say to me, "our product isn't speaking for itself, so here's why we are better in words instead of you judging with your own eyes". It kind of insults my intelligence, like I somehow don't know what both companies have been doing for some odd reason and I need Sony to remind me. Not to mention, when politicians resort to that kind of behavior, I tend to not vote for them since they couldn't win me over on their own ideas/policies so they felt the need to try and trash talk their oponent. I dislike when either side does it.

In regards to the games for both systems...indie games are good in their own way, but they won't sell me a system. None of the indie games shown today really screamed to me "buy a PS4!!!". Not to mention, most will likely come to Xbox One as well. Notice how the presenter made it a point to say their Console Debut was exclusive, and not the game itself...aka timed exclusive. Both companies do this, so I'm not surprised, but I'm sure they will fool a lot of people with those carefully places words. Either way, even if those games came to X1 I wouldn't buy them unless they were dirt cheap...like I said, not a big fan of many indies.

[quote user="Zero Divided"]

i think we'll still see the graphics be neck and neck for years to come, and i do hope they pull off some cool stuff with Kinect, saw this video on Engadget where they try to demo how the Kinect could be used in a FPS... i'm personal on the fence about it.

[/quote]

Wow that demo looks pretty cool BUT there's still noticable lag at times. But I like that it's an FPS game with some Kinect functionality rather than a full Kinect FPS. I wonder if it'll come on the console or will it ever be released. Looks like it's just a tech demo but it looks fun