Dont believe hipe ???? is it any better than the 360 or is it just me??

Hi fellow onesies :) Is it just me or do other people feel a bit deflated with the one ? I cant complain about the gaming graphics but there are a few issues that bug me ,dont know if anybody else have the problems or possibly solutions.        1        Cant seem to get my virgin tv to work when in full power mode        2           cant switch off the xbox just to watch tv because of the hdmi connection(which means im wasting both energy and money having it on when not in use,not to mention running the risk of setting the house because its aways running lol)             3     I cant seem to connect to my pc so i can play my music like did on the 360          4      i  can no longer voice chat to brother who lives on the other side of the world due to the fact that the one wont accept 360 chat, also not sure if we can still chat during gaming or video chat via the kinet ?                   All in all i feel dissaponted with it right now . If anybody can help with above please let know............... PS  as the song goes things can only get better & im not that dissapointed that im thinking of going the darkside(sony ps4)............Happy gaming

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="M D0C"]

I cant seem to connect to my pc so i can play my music like did on the 360   

[/quote]

Here's a video that shows you how to stream music/video from PC to Xbox One.
[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrp9lHL-ARQ]

Don't run your the tv through your Xbox will sort one of your problems lol, I absolutely love the Xbox one, few things are a little irritating, such as it seems very long winded going from when you unlock an achievement to eyeing what you actually did, other than that I don't have any complaints

@ M DOC ..

To be fair I can't comment on a lot of Xbox One features as apart from playing games I haven't really done much else on it. Like Mr Pingu I absolutely love the machine, sure there's a few niggles that need to be sorted out but overall I don't regret my decision to buy it, obviously though it's different for everyone.

If you do decide to go for the PS4 .. I was very lucky that my wife and kids got me one as a late birthday/early Christmas present, like with the Xbox One I haven't done much on it but play games, again it has got a few niggles I think that need to be sorted out but I'm enjoying just as much as the Xbox One and even if it wouldn't have been a present I wouldn't have regretted at all buying it myself.

Thanks will check it out

Wait so to stream to your Xbox One, you first have to go to your PC, find the content and then tell it to play to your Xbox One?

-

Is that seriously the only way to do it? I was under the impression that most people have their PC in a different room. So if you fancy listening to some music or watching a video, you have to go to a different room to start it?

-

What about playing music during a game? I can do that on my 360 by bringing up the mini-dash, from the sounds of it the One doesn't have that same functionality.

-

The Xbox One's media streaming capabilities seem to have taken a step backwards from the previous generation.

[quote user="voteDC"]

The Xbox One's media streaming capabilities seem to have taken a step backwards from the previous generation.

[/quote]

Both next gen consoles have gone backwards with their streaming capabilities. I really do wonder whos idea it was to make next gen consoles with less features than the last gen?? Streaming music/video is something I can do on my £50 tablet.

Bring back the "mini dash"!

Could'nt agree more so every time you want change a tune you have to go to the pc ,call me a cynic but is microsoft changing this and many things to try and squeeze more cash out of gamers with their apps (xbox music) & when i downloaded the skype app i got a nice email telling me how i could make calls to  landline/ mobile phones for a certain rate (something i can do for free on my iphone)

[quote user="Boas BS5"]Both next gen consoles have gone backwards with their streaming capabilities. I really do wonder whos idea it was to make next gen consoles with less features than the last gen?? Streaming music/video is something I can do on my £50 tablet.[/quote]I can understand new features not being available at launch but features that exist on the previous generation? On a device that is billed as the 'one' entertainment hub for your living room?

[quote user="M D0C"]when i downloaded the skype app i got a nice email telling me how i could make calls to  landline/ mobile phones for a certain rate (something i can do for free on my iphone)[/quote]Only Skype to Skype calls are free. They've always charged for calls to mobile phone numbers or landlines, as that is how they make their money from the service.

To be honest I love my XboxOne but do feel that the whole showcase event was staged as it does not work half as fast or smooth as they showed but overall as a gaming machine it's superb and I'm sure if MS listen to the fans feedback within 12 months with a few updates etc it will be superb,I would have it over a PS4 any day as the 3 people I know who have got them they have all conked out and needed replacing within a week but none of my friends XboxOnes have given them any bother :-)