Don't know if this goes here, but oh well. - Recovering Second Account (and a rant on the previous attempts failing)

So, for the past 2 years (will be 3 years in December of 2014) I've been trying to recover an account lost in December of 2012 after I had a storage issue (it wouldn't read the built-in hard drive I was using at the time), and wiped it without jotting down the email associated with the account. Now, 2 years later, this has caused a lot of problems for me seeing as Microsoft has not only been a GIANT waste of my time when trying to recover it previously (what kind of person would waste 2 years if it wasn't their account! thanks Microsoft!!). However, disregarding all previous attempts I thought that I should go ahead and see if they can actually be of any use.

My Issue: Forgot the Microsoft email associated with my second account, "YoUnG23HoVa". I lost the account during December (maybe Jan, however it's been 2 years and my memory is not that well) while trying to play Halo: Reach with my friend and getting a storage issue, thus leading to me wiping it and then not being able to remember the email.

Previous attempts have gotten me no where, as Microsoft claims I have not provided "enough information" for them to be able to recover my account. Well, maybe if you didn't require me to MEMORIZE (literally!) everything that was on an account it would not have taken 2+ years. In fact, the first day after the incident occurred I had more success recovering this account (which was lost for at least 3 years) then I did the one I lost hours ago that day!!

TL;DR: Lost Microsoft account email, previous attempts nothing accomplished, Microsoft cannot help, wasting my time again, trying to recover my second account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry you're having this trouble.  Unfortunately phone support is the only place you can get help for this.  They do require as much info on the account as is possible to prevent fraudulent claiming of accounts.  

Hopefully you will eventually get this straightened out and get access to your tag again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.