Dolby on Xbox One

One of the things that really gets on my nerves is not having a Dolby support for optical out as I own a pair of Turtle Beaches XP500 with Dolby Surround!

Now I know that this is not such a big problem to most of people but I rely a lot on the sound in FPS games and stereo is really getting on my nerves.

I tried to contact Microsoft support and Larry about any news on update date but either they ignore it or give and answer like "soon".

Anyone got any info?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

We no as much as you mate. Hopefully it will come sooner rather than later as I intend to buy a Dolby sound system at some point too.

I would prefer them to sort the blu tooth chat out meself.

[quote user="Genchy"]

I would prefer them to sort the blu tooth chat out meself.

[/quote]

Wi-Fi Direct will be used over Bluetooth. It has many advantages and has already been implemented.

That doesn't help owners of blu tooth surround sound headsets that cost a shed load of money.

Why a next gen console still relies on a wired chat connection is beyond me.

Not sure but I heard Xbone has a pretty powerful sound processor.

[quote user="Genchy"]

That doesn't help owners of blu tooth surround sound headsets that cost a shed load of money.

Why a next gen console still relies on a wired chat connection is beyond me.

[/quote]

and so what if they cost a shed load of money, they don't have to support them if they don't want to, and I prefer a wired headset you get better clarity and no chance of interference

I get perfect clarity and no interference thanks, and I am fully aware they don't have to support them but it would nice  if they did, same as it would be nice if they supported steering wheels for race fans.    And the fact you prefer something doesn't make it compulsory for others who prefer third party peripherals.