Dolby Digital

Sometimes when I start my Xbox I have to go into settings and change the sound from Dolby digital to stereo and then back to Dolby digital for Dolby digital to work. Has anyone else seen this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hey Madpig, sorry to hear about the settings not sticking consistently! I'm curious, is your hardware setup changing at all when this occurs? How often do you have to follow the steps you list above? Lastly, can you try clearing your cache to see if that makes any difference in the settings resetting themselves?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm getting the same problem.  It started out like MadpigPOW said above, but eventually it grew to the point where I could not enable DD at all (even when I switched it to Stereo, then back to dolby digital, it would stay in stereo).  I tried clearing my cache, but it didn't work.  And hearing my games in stereo is getting REALLY annoying!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kannon,

Please not this thread is several years old.

Please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with any error messages you see and the troubleshooting steps you've taken so we can provide support to your unique situation. 

Sorry this didn't help.