Dolby Digital - Anyone having trouble ? w/update

I got the update, but cant seem to get my Surround sound on?  anyone have sugestions on how to set the audio settings to hook up your surround sound?  

Maybe my optical port for my audio system just doesnt work? I also have RCA plugs, anyone have any luck buying them HDMI pass throughs that add the red and white plug in jacks> ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I just changed my optical output in sound settings to Dolby Digital 5.1. Not sure about the RCA jacks.

I just installed update this morning and still no option for optical Dolby Digital 5.1. Just gives two options under optical, DTS surround sound, and Dolby Digital. Where do you see option for 5.1 Dolby Digital for the XBone? Looks like this still doesn't produce 5.1 thru optical for DD.

You choose bitstream.

I did choose bitstream and the two choices are DTS surround sound, and Dolby Digital. Doesn't seem like that is surround. Confused

Does anyone know everything about what's in this Update, has it released for New Zealand yet? (current time Thursday 6 March 8:20 pm) I connected my turtle beach dolby headset which I use for 360 to my Xbox 1 via the optical port. In Display & Sound, Digital Audio, Optical audio, it only lists Off, Stereo Uncompressed or DTS Digital Surround. Nothing else. If I select DTS or Off no sound comes out of my turtle beach dolby headset. I don't see this Dolby or Bitstream under settings. Maybe the update hasn't released for NZ yet and were ahead time wise with the rest of the world.

Dolby digital is 5.1 why would they list DTS next to a stereo option ?

It would be great if there was an HDMI setting for Dolby Digital if you use only your HDTV's 2X 10W speakers. Xbox 360 says I have a Dolby Digital 1080p connection when I connect my 360 to my HDTV using HDMI. I don't use a home theatre system. And it really does sound like Dolby coming through the 2x 10w speakers on my HDTV because I have a Hauppauge HD PVR2 (the latest one) for uploading 360 recordings to Youtube and use the HDMI bypass this is for my 360. Whenever I use the Hauppauge on my 360, My HDTV says I only have a Stereo 1080p HDMI connection to my console. With this comparison, I can **hear** the difference between a Stereo and Dolby connection even from my HDTV's 2x 10W speakers (it's a Sony 40' LED Full HDTV). It would be great if, like 360, the Xbox 1 console supports Dolby Digital as an HDMI connection to your HDTV without the need for a home theatre system. I do have a Turtle beach Dolby surround 7.1 sound headset though which connects via optical port.

Thanks for explaining it f00xm4n :)

I updated my Xbox One with the latest March update and I do not see the option of Dolby Digital 5.1 compressed for HDMI, only for Optical Output and it does work know; I do get Dolby digital 5.1 with the optical cable connected from the Xbox One to my receiver, but it doesn't work with HDMI and I know is not my equipment because my Xbox 360 is hooked up to the same TV and receiver and I get Dolby Digital 5.1 with HDMI, that been said I believed Dolby Digital 5.1 compressed is still not supported through HDMI on the Xbox ONE.

Update released this evening NZ time when I logged on "time for an update" 427MB. DOLBY DIGITAL is back yay. Yes even with HDMI connection to your HDTV even if it has no home theatre system. This is what Xbox 360 can do. No more putting up with s-t-e-r-e-o even if it's stereo uncompressed. Tried it using my Turtle beach dolby 7.1 headset and yes there's CLEARLY better audio detail than being set to stereo uncompressed. My HDMI audio is Bitstream out, Optical audio (for turtle beach) the same, Bitstream format DOLBY DIGITAL. Friends list has the same display format as 360 ^_^ Online.... Offline.... and I see a Recent Players List is now there. However Bio/motto/name/location is still not listed on your profile if you check it on an Xbox 1 console. Does this update add USB support for pictures/videos like 360 and external HDD support? The Dolby Digital via my headset does sound like it has a higher treble than normal but it's definitely Dolby to me (aka the audio detail level).