Does Xbox One Live TV work with OTA Digital Tuners?

I dont see why this wouldnt work, but havent seen any mention.  Have seen technical sites make the assumption (at least I believe it is an assumption) that you can only get Cable and Satellite TV to work with the Xbox One.  What of you have Over The Air TV and a digital tuner that has HDMI out.  The way I believe setup works is you enter your Zip Code then Xbox One asks you your provider to build the guide. Wouldnt over the air be a perfectly valid answer for provider?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

TBH I don't think anyone can answer this with any certainty, I can tell you it will work with HDMI in and you will probably then be able to use snap. If it integrates into the xbox tv guide is a different matter i am affraid, and I would imagine it will slowly be rolled out, bigger more popular makes first.

Seems like it would work as long as your tuner has an HDMI output. The setup does as for your cable provider and zip code, so I doubt getting the guide and such would be a problem.

@Lestat I think its more to do with the unique guide data used by the decoder, for example it my assign a unique number to programe 1 which then might link to a channel code of say MTV UK. Each decoder will do this slightly different and may present the data slightly different through the HDMI interface. So when you say "XBOX MTV" it needs to then tell the digital decoder to switch channel to MTV through the HDMI interface. It can of course IR blast it too, but HDMI communication would be preferred.

!f00xm4n. I read somewhere that MS didnt bother with HDMI-CEC yet simply because so few devices support it so they are going with IR blasting for everything at this point.  So think for the OTA tuner saying "XBOX ABC" would cause the X1 to based on the program guide for that zipcode switch to channel number X.

Xbox One supports HDMI-CEC.

Xbox one guide works for my OTA setup but doesn't detect my HomeWorx digital tuner.

@Eth4n

What is your OTA setup that works with Xbox One?

Reviewer on ArsTecnica specifically mentioned ChannelMaster box worked.

Anyone else have any luck with any OTA HDMI TV tuners?

i dont think it does but it really should. wmc is the best tv tuner out there, which is obviously a ms product. it has a great guide so it would seem all of the work is done its just a matter o fporting the info into the new os.