Does the Xbox One have the red ring of death.

Does the Xbox One have the red ring of death or was it fixed so it won't happen anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not heard of a red ring on it,but i have heard a lot of people having disc drive problems.

I'm fairly sure there is no visible "ring of death" on the console. The 360 had 4 quadrants that would change between green and red to show the status of the console.

-

However, I'm sure the new console will have some kind of diagnostic that will display a message on screen if a fatal fault occurs so that you can contact support with the correct information.

As for common faults, the only one that has appeared so far is the disc drive problems. Of course, the consoles are being replaced and I would imagine that they've changed the drives that they are using on the production line or will do very soon. Overheating and general component failure hasn't really been a common issue yet. Given the problems that the 360 had and the fact that they completely overhauled the console to correct it, I would guess that every measure has been taken to assure no overheating will happen to cause a similar problem. I mean, just look at the amount of air vents on the thing!

The grinding noise of death- you have a defective blu-ray drive.

Also I heard of the green screen of death.

All is pretty rare though. (Especially compared to the RRoD)

NO Red ring of death the Green Screen of death is due to people turning off their X1 when it updating. And Yes some disc drive and other thing. Nothing as bad as the RROD thing.

I really hope not. When it would take a second longer for your console to boot up, you'd find out how fast you can pray.

The Xbox One does have the Red Ring Of Death but it will e able to stay on for 10 years! without it happening:)

as of now i cant encounter of this problem xbox one red ring of death, anyway that is a new

console really come in... but mostly i really have known in xbox 360 100% encountering red ring of death..

I'm sure it has some fail message of sorts similar to it.

it doesnt