Does the Xbox 360 E have a different DVD Disc drive to the Xbox 360 slim?

Because I have an Xbox 360 slim and an Xbox 360 E 250GB (Manufacture date 2013-07-23) and the Xbox 360 E makes a 'Grrrr' noise just prior to eject and also if a game is left in the drive idle it makes the same noise after about a minute, the slim DVD drive does not make this noise.

Please see the You Tube link   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJp1KDXsWFQ

The DVD drive also ejects smoother on E than the slim, (that’s another reason why i think it may be different. DVD drive)

I know of one other Xbox 360 E that makes exactly the same noise.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 364 Applies to:

Hi there, I can only speak from my experience as I still own both the slim and 360E and I didn't find the drives to act any differently they were both very similar in operation.

-

You may find the drives start acting a little different after many hours of game time, which might make it appear to be a different drive, but I believe it's the same.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The Xbox 360 E makes this unusual ‘Grrrr’ noise out of the box --- (first time used).

Xbox support said it was a fault, but i got another one and it is exactly the same. I think i isn’t a fault and they have changed the DVD drive. It is possible that the first 360 E’s manufactured had the same dvd drive as the slim and then they changed the drive on later production lines. Or by some fluke of chance i got 2 faulty xbox 360 E’s with faulty dvd drives. If you haven’t seen the video in the first post -- please do. The quality isn’t very good but you can hear the Grrrr if you turn it up.

I am just trying to ascertain if i have a faulty xbox 360 e or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.