Does the account really exist?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering if there was a way to check to see if an account has already been made with a gamertag I'm trying to use.

I already know that you can attempt to change your gamertag to what you want it to be and a prompt will tell you that it's already in use, or that you can send a friend request to the gamertag and see if it exists or not, but the problem is is that when I friend requested the profile, it comes up totally blank(ie 0 gamerscore, no games played, no friends, info, default gamerpic etc). That makes me think that the profile doesn't exist and that there's a glitch or something. It hasn't been the first time I've come across a profile like that.

So is there any definite way to know if it really exists? And if not, how to bypass this problem? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I believe nametag tie into windows live I'D's so, if anyone who has taken this name it'll be unavailable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not all taken gamertags appear when you send a friend request to the gamertag. Until a gamertag is released by the original user, it is not available, even if their subscription lapses.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.