Does Microsoft still accept the original Xbox 360 for repairs?

I've been using the same Halo 3 Xbox 360 since Christmas 2007. It has probably had to deal with one repair in it's lifetime. It's been overheating lately and I am sure I could fix it myself by vacuuming it and placing it in a less confined place, but just in case, does Microsoft still take in the original Xbox 360 for repairs? My Xbox is quite old, and it's held out for a long time now. It's a Master Chief styled Xbox so I don't believe it can die considering it's a Spartan. :P

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi,

Yes Microsoft still accepts original Xbox 360's for repair. However, the Xbox 360 console you get back might not be the same one you sent in which means you might not end up with the same Halo 3 console you sent in.

At this point you'd be out of a warranty which means that you'd need to pay $99 for the out of warranty repair service. I would honestly suggest against it at this time, I would just get a new console which is going to be cooler, quieter, and faster.

But, if you insist on getting it repaired you can do so by going here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Heh. My Halo 3 console is still in warranty. They keep allowing me to re-up the extended warranty on it.

Remove the faceplate and HDD before sending it in. You should get a Halo 3 chassis back, but there are reports that they don't always come back with the removable bits attached, including the faceplate.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.