Does Microsoft desire negative media attention?

I am posting this here because all I've been trying to do is get a couple of damned weapons & unlocks that were LIMITED EDITION DLC transfered onto an account I am able to use in Canada after moving here & my threads asking how keep getting locked & my problems were never solved.

Microsoft refuses to transfer my account to a Canadian region account. To pay for a gold membership back in Australia (You try & do that FROM Canada) I will need an Australian credit card AND neeed to pay $20 more per year than a Canadian account AS WELL as having to give up on all my character progress in a lot of games.

Why does Microsoft feel it has the RIGHT to steal from me?

Before this is answered with "Just start a new account all DLC is available on any profile on the same console." You are WRONG. Go out & try & find some of the limited ed stuff for Fable 3 and similar games. They are locked not just TO ONE ACCOUNT but to specific SAVED GAMES on that account.

I am so fed up by this I am seriously considering seeking legal counsil.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm able to play all the map packs for Black Ops on my console using the secondary account I set up for the investigation time period. Some of your info may be flawed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you calling me a liar? Items in Fable 3 do NOT transfer. Neither do saved games, the gold lance in Gear Of War 2, and from what I can gather MANY other limited items in RPGs.

Sorry this didn't help.

You certainly can use the Golden Lancer from Gears of War 2 on other accounts. I have the weapon myself and all profiles on my console are able to use it. In fact those profiles have also unlocked the golden lancer for Gears 3 because of the presence of the weapon for Gears 2.

The Fable III items should also be available to you. Though unfortunately I do not have the game any longer to double check.

Did you buy a new console by any chance when you moved to Canada? If so then that it likely to be the problem with you using the DLC from your previous account on your new Canadian one.

You will need to do a license transfer to make the console license (that which allows other profiles to use DLC) belong to your new 360.

This can be done by following the instruction here http://www.xbox.com/drm. It can also be done on your console alone by signing in with your Australian profile, going to the My Xbox channel and selecting the square with your Avatar on it with A. Then flick to the right and pick Manage Account on the second pane, here pick the License Transfer and follow the prompts.

Now to refresh the Licenses you will need to set the content to download again, so hopefully you will be able to do that. If everything goes to plan you will now be able to use your Australian DLC on your new Canadian account.

Though of course that doesn't help you with your saves but if you wish to keep gaming on your old profile then setting up a Canadian account and buying content on that is a solution, as of course you can use content from one profile on another, there are exceptions of course most notably Avatar items but they are few and far between.

Also unlike Microsoft points, Gold subscriptions are region free so you will be able to buy one from anywhere and have it work with your account.

Hopefully I have not rambled on too long and the information provided proves to be helpful. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have checked & although I may be wrong about the lance the Fable stuff is not available on other accounts... It's my old console with a new power supply. Thank you very much for the link to the licence transfer I will try it in the morning.

Sorry this didn't help.

The console license, the one which allows content to be used on other profiles, is tied to the 360 that first downloaded it.

So if you switched consoles at any time in Australia then you wouldn't have that any longer. Most of the time this would not be an issue, or even noticeable, as the account license would allow full access to the DLC providing there was a connection to Live.

The license transfer should solve your problems and hopefully even allow you to use that Fable III content again. It's worth a try at the very least.

Don't worry about download time either. If the content is on your hard drive then all that will be grabbed is the new licenses. 

Sorry this didn't help.