Does Battlefield 2 require a online pass?

Just thought I'd ask since Battlefield 3 has come out so imagine Battlefield 2 will end up going cheap pre owned so might get me a copy.

Or is there a GOTY edition or something similar with all DLC included since its about 2000 points worth a content in total.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do you mean Battlefield Bad Company 2? If so then it needs a pass but you should be able to find the ultimate edition cheapish these days which has DLC and BF1943

I'm guessing you mean Battlefield: Bad Company 2? If you buy it new you get a VIP pass that unlocks a load of multiplayer maps. If you get a preowned copy you can still play online but you're restricted to a lousy 4 maps per gamemode.

Bad Company 2?  No, it doesn't need an online pass but all the extra maps are only avaliable through the VIP pass which is 800 MSP.  If you get the game NEW, the VIP code comes with the box.  

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

Do you mean Battlefield Bad Company 2? If so then it needs a pass but you should be able to find the ultimate edition cheapish these days which has DLC and BF1943

[/quote]

No it doesn't.  The only pass you need is the VIP code which is optional.  I played the on-disc maps for a good 3 months before I got VIP for 800 MSP to get the new maps it had.

It is optional, but your so limited to the maps that it kinda forces you into getting it, i think i might have a VIP code floating round if you buy it pre-owned. Cant promise anything though and they didnt have some sort of expiry date them?

Yes battlefield 3 does require an online pass, and you don't even get a trial shot - I think people are getting confused because of the title ... As it says battlefield 2...

[quote user="Akuza89"]

Yes battlefield 3 does require an online pass, and you don't even get a trial shot - I think people are getting confused because of the title ... As it says battlefield 2...

[/quote]Maybe you should actually read his post before saying that we are the ones who are confused.

oh I meant Bad Company 2, didn't realise there might be another game called Battlefield 2.

Does the VIP pass hinder any achievements if don't have it? Cheapest I found it is £10 but I haven't looked on Ebay, might have a shop round for the edition with all DLC and compare prices.

Battlefield 2 is a great game, I still got it kicking around in the cupboard - online servers are off, but has a good decent sized, lengthy campaign also by DICE.

The normal 1000 points is still obtainable without the VIP code. The only extra thing achievement related included in the Ultimate edition(not including the BF1943 arcade game) is the onslaught DLC, you'll still have to pay for the Specact weapons(AKA TMNT outfits) and the Vietnam expansion.