Does anyone's Xbox One play Bluray discs without motion blur?

Both my own console and those of my two brothers are suffering from lots of blur when there is motion on screen - in particular when someone moves across the screen but the backgound remains stationary, or when the camera pans across the whole scene. It is not hard to see after a few minutes of watching. The fact it is the same on 3 consoles makes me think it is either a software or hardware issue that effects all Xbox One consoles. Hopefully if it is software related then it can be fixed with an update (though this is Microsoft so that will take about a year no doubt).

Pretty poor as my £70 Samsung bluray player is silky smooth and I thought the Xbox could replace that.....

Might be an idea to test your own consoles.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

I have no issues on mine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Strange... I watched a bluray movie yesterday and it played fine. No apparent blurring at all. I would have wondered if you was watching it on LCD but if you have a Samsung player that can display movies without blurring then it can't be that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Watching on a Panasonic plasma but even if it were an LCD the amount of motion blur would never be down to the TV. Xbox support were pretty useless just suggesting I reinstall the bluray app and that didn't work. Seems odd that it has not been reported by more people if it is effecting 3 out of 3 consoles (me and my 2 brothers). I have a friend who has one and will test his soon and then another friend who shoule have one in about a week.

I guess we will all need to return them for 'repair'. So much for it being the One device you need in the living room!

Sorry this didn't help.

It's worth testing out a few different discs as some look worse than others ..... but all play just fine on my standalone player.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is an issue with the console itself. More people need to tell Microsoft so they sort it. It does the same for games. Battlefield 4 is terrible for motion blur, no matter what tv you play it on. Dawnbreker map, neon down building expands like mad. Trees flicker with light shining through. Its definitely the console but ringing up does no good. They have rushed it out too early. Doesn't even work right on todays' tvs' very poor.

Sorry this didn't help.