Does a 360 hard drive slow down a xbox slim?

I put the hard drive that ive been using with my xbox arcade into my xbox slim. Since this has happened it flashed an E68 message once and runs everything slow. Is there any reason why it's doing this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Nevermind. Sorry, i had no idea that it was against terms of use. Sorry for this post also. It wont let me remove this post. :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Propane,

if im not mistaken Xbox arcade didnt have any hard disk but you could have the external hard disk, while Xbox slim has an internal,you cant use the external hard drive on your slim,unless you modded it which is not legal.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

So can i buy a hard drive for the slim or would i just have to upgrade to the slim that comes with the 250gb internal storage?

Sorry this didn't help.

You answered the question yourself. Any sort of system tampering is against the ToS. The older HDs are not compatible with the newer consoles and actually can't fit the slot. You can get a new HD or even a used one from Gamestop that is compitable and you can even transfer stuff off of your old HD to your new one so that it works with your slim. We all make mistakes and I think it is very good that you not only noticed yours but took the actions to correct it. I would suggest getting a new (or used) HD that is compatible though and simply transferring everything. This will not cause any sort of slow running and is not against the ToS. I hope this helps you and have a great day!

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a link as well with information on how to do the transfer. support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you did is considered system tampering, which is a severe violation of the XBL Terms of Service, and you have now just left yourself open to a permanent console ban when, not if, you are caught by MS. They can tell. The older hdd from the older model console is an external hdd. The newer hdd on the newer console in an internal hdd. They are not compatible between the different consoles. If you had inquired about this BEFORE you violated the ToS you could have saved yourself the cost of having to replace the console...

Sorry this didn't help.

Well this is interesting, as this subject piqued my interest I Decided to talk to an official representative of The official support using the chat system.

--

The person I talked to from the official chat stated that, Doing this will void the warranty, but will NOT result in a ban.

He said that you might be banned for having a modification on the actual console or your profile, but installing an Old HDD out of it's shell into the bay provided on a slim will not result in a ban and not to worry.

--

I sent the Conversation to my E-mail and can provide it if people want.

I am currently contacting @XboxSupport on twitter about this, and so far they have said that they would not recommend it, it would void the warranty, but have kept circumventing actually answering my question about whether it will result in a ban.

--

Will keep you updated with proceedings from talking with the actual Official support.

Sorry this didn't help.