Do you have an Xbox one purchased in the EU?

if anyone out there has an xbox purchased in the EU, please msg me. I have a US Xbox and am now in Europe. In order to use it, i need an EU PSU. Microsoft Customer support  (who has strung me along over the last few months with various promises of help) will only issue me an EU PSU (power supply unit) if i have a serial number from an Xbox One purchased in the EU. They basically told me I just needed to "borrow" a friend's serial number so they could put it in their system and then use it to register me as an "EU owner" so they can send me a functional EU PSU. Unfortunately i dont have any friends with an xbox one. i am turning to you.

i am putting this out there in case there is a good samaritan willing to lend me their serial number for like 2 weeks, (this is how long they told me i would need to use it) you can call me to vet me if you like. I am an american living in sweden.

i hope there is a kind soul out there.

many thanks!!

chris

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Honestly I don't see how someone could suggest you to "borrow" a friends serial number that seems like a very dangerous path to go down. Have you tried registering you own console at myservice.xbox.com and requesting a replacement power supply? after entering your info, the system should automatically send you the proper PSU for your region based upon your shipping address

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Vashta,

I have indeed registered my own console first.  They are apparently only allowed to replace the PSU of EU consoles in the Microsoft system.  though the individual people working at the support unit are willing to switch out my american PSU for a european one, though to do this they would need a serial number from a unit purchased in the EU, to type into their system.  once i get the PSU in the mail, they say it is no problem to just de-register.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can buy them on amazon in UK £23 you just get one from eu store

Sorry this didn't help.