Do not remember email address for Microsoft account

Firstly, Xbox, you need to get your system sorted - in terms of ease of access and clarification. So much of my time has been wasted sifting through endless amounts of crap in order to find something that is mine!

Problem 1. I recently purchased 12 months of Xbox Live (stupidly) and cannot redeem the code. I cannot connect to the internet if I try to sign in with my profile. If all are signed out then the internet connects perfectly, but as soon as I try to connect with my profile the box with the terrifying red cross appears and sweetly says 'Do you want to exit this session and waste hours trying to get back online?' with error code 800704DC. Googled it, and nothing, just endless [Mod Removed - Language] about trying this and that - tried it all and got [Mod Removed - Language]. So a quick solution would be sweetly appreciated.

Problem 2. Years ago I set up a seperate Microsoft account to use on the Xbox. Don't know the email address. Can't find it ANYWHERE. Xbox's useless 'Support' answers do eff all. And thus I cannot redeem a code on the Xbox website either.

Why make everything so [Mod Removed - Language] difficult?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

And before you say anything, this is an old old profile that is linked to my most used email address, but without rewards, friends etc. [Mod Removed - Language].

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1)

The error code that you received is because you are unable to download your profile from the servers. To sort this you could try resetting your router to see if you have a connection issue or use a different Ethernet cable to see if it is a cable problem instead.

2)

If you can sort out problem one you will very easily be able to find the email used for that account on the 360 dashboard under account management and you can then change the email if need be.

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same problem  ,just re joined xboxlive paid 12 months advance cannot connect to live ,spent 3 hours on

live chat and they dont know problem ,,,,passwords work on laptop ,not on console after resetting every thing

am cancelling and going to ps4

Sorry this didn't help.

@ THEjoelawson

Is the account in question still auto-signed in on your console? There is a way to find out what your email is if it's still in there.

Simply go to Settings > Account > And then scroll to the panel on the right that says: "Your Information" under it is Billing Information. Open that and you'll see what your Microsoft Account is

@ FeelingName8941

If your password works on your laptop and you can sign in perfectly on both Xbox.com and account.live.com, then I believe you've accidentally activated your account's Two Step Verification or your proofs (that's your alternate email address and alternate phone number) haven't been updated yet.

You can fix this by going to http://account.live.com. Sign in and then click on Security Info

If the Two Step is on (it usually says: "Turn Off Two Step" if it's enabled) DO NOT TURN IT OFF; simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the part that says " Create / Get an App Password". This should not be confused with the Authenticator app or the recovery code. Once you have the code, go back to your console and do the following:

1. Clear your system cache 3 consecutive times

2. Delete your profile on the console (choose Delete Profile Only)

3. Restart the console

4. Download your profile from Xbox Live using your usual email and your NEW APP PASSWORD as your password

This should do the trick and allow you to sign in. Once you're able to sign in, just go back to account.live.com and turn off the Two Step.

Let me know if this works or not. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.