Do not buy your console from GAME!

I did, and paid for the extra warranty so if I have a problem I can go back in store and get a replacement....My pad disconnects all the time...this is what Game had to say below...Basically they refused to do anything despite me paying GAME for this service.

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly. If you are contacting us regarding the recent Xbox One or PS4 announcement then please visit our website for all the latest information.
One moment please...
rick glancy says:
hi
We are currently experiencing a high volume of chats, we apologise for the delay.
Becky F says:
Hello rick glancy. My name is Becky F how can I help you?
rick glancy says:
hi
rick glancy says:
i have contacted Game a couple of times now as my Xbox one has a fault
rick glancy says:
the pad continually disconnects at random times
rick glancy says:
i called my store and they said they will swap it over....But they have no stock!
rick glancy says:
when I bought this I took out the extra warranty from Game...and now I cannot use it!
rick glancy says:
I dont understand why the stores dont have extra stock for people that have problems like me
Becky F says:
Ok I do apologise for that! You will need to call our tech line TMTI on 08432081076 and they will give you a reference number, you can then send it back to our head office and we can send you a replacement, I will just get the address for you
rick glancy says:
i dont want to wait for a replacement...this is WHY i took out the warranty with the guy in store!
rick glancy says:
I paid for a service that I cannot use
rick glancy says:
so Game have taken the money for the console and games...AND the extra warranty in case I have any problems...and now I have a problem and it cannot be resolved like it should.
rick glancy says:
I dont understand the logic of selling a product you cannot full fill
Becky F says:
You are covered on the console which is why we would give you a replacement
rick glancy says:
i know that...and I am supposed to be able to go into a store, and get a replacement
rick glancy says:
and I cant..as none of the stores are holding any stock for people that have problems
rick glancy says:
just stock to sell to customers
Becky F says:
We have spare stock at head office allocated for customers with faulty consoles
rick glancy says:
right, so how can I quickly swap that with mine? like the serivce I have paid for?? returning this to your head office is no different to me sending it to Microsoft for a replacement
Becky F says:
You would need to send your faulty console to our head office and once we have received it we will send you the replacement
rick glancy says:
exactly...the same as what Microsoft are doing...BUT i didnt pay microsoft for that did i...i paid GAME for an extra warranty so I can swap it in store and have a replacement the same day! I am not waiting 3-4 days for a replacement
rick glancy says:
I spent over £600 on that day so I expect Game to sort this out
Becky F says:
Unfortunately if the store don't physically have the stock they won't be able to replace it
rick glancy says:
then get stock to that store!
rick glancy says:
like you said, you have stock at the head office for replacements...
Becky F says:
Bear with me I am going to speak to my supervisor
rick glancy says:
ok thanks
Becky F says:
Ok I do apologise, I have been informed that it is our tech line TMTI you need to call for a reference number, and then you need to send your console to Microsoft as they are dealing with all faulty consoles
rick glancy says:
but I have paid Game!!! not microsoft..I paid for an extended warranty with GAME...and you are contractually obliged to carry that out
rick glancy says:
I am not sending the console anywhere...I (the paying customer) should not be inconvenienced at all...this is why I paid for this service
Becky F says:
Unfortunately as it was Microsofts duty to test all the consoles before they went out and yet there are still faults, they are taking responsibility for it and you wont be able to get a replacement console unless you send it to them.
rick glancy says:
dont give me that rubbish! I purchased it from Game, and the extra warranty..that is a contract of SALE! of which GAME are responsible for...not Microsoft.
rick glancy says:
I work in retail law..
Becky F says:
If you wish to take this further then you can, unfortunately sending it back to Microsoft would be your only option to get a replacement console
rick glancy says:
OK, then this will end up in court. You sold me a product which you are refusing to carry out. I paid for Games warranty service where I was told that GAME will replace the console in store if there is a fault. And now you are telling me you are not going to do this.. That is illegal and Game will be in serious trouble for not carrying out the service you have sold.
rick glancy says:
I am not talking about Microsoft in this case, this is completely seperate. This is a product of Game, not Microsoft
rick glancy says:
if it was outside of a year old you would be right, it would be Microsofts responsibility for the console, but it is not.
rick glancy says:
plus this is a seperate issue..I am talking about the product you sold me..the warranty
Becky F says:
The only other thing we can do in this instance is after you go to TMTI and get the reference number we can issue a full refund for you
rick glancy says:
I dont want a refund, i want the product Game sold me
rick glancy says:
this entire transcript is going on the Microsoft forum and a few others too...people need to know that Game do not honor their own products.
Becky F says:
It's for the fact we physically don't have spare consoles to send out to you, which I was informed by my manager which is why you would need to send it to microsoft to send a replacement
rick glancy says:
how is that my problem? you should have thought of that before selling your extra warranty service! you should have had spare consoles in store for replacements..everyone knew there would be problems but Game decided to sell all the stock and have no back up plan for these instances
Becky F says:
I believe I have explained all of your options and unfortunately there is nothing further we can do in this instance
rick glancy says:
Fine, I will take this into my legal team. You are contractually obliged to carry out what you have sold and are refusing to do so.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I have GAMEs extended warranty and wasn't told they could replace it straight away if I had a problem unless they had more consoles "in-store" at the time.

I was told that if my console had any issues, they would swap it there and then in-store "IF" they had stock. Other wise because I've paid for an extra warranty they contact head office ( where they keep stock back for people with issues ) and I would be jumped up the queue to get a replacement quicker than others. Usually it would only take 3-5 working days but with it being a new console and especially around Christmas time it could take longer.

A friend of mine had a faulty disc drive, ( he also has the extended warranty and took it back last Thursday ) they told him the same, if they had stock in they would replace it straight away, if not it would usually take 3-5 working days but with stock in short supply and it being Christmas time they "Might" not get him a replacement before Christmas.

I believe GAMEs extended warranty does not guarantee you a replacement there and then I'm sorry to say so I think you will just have to be a little patient.

In my opinion, extended warranties are not worth the papre they are written on!

They never promise to resolve issues immediately or within a time frame that any reasonable persn would expect.

That is total crap service, there is always something they can do, and by the looks of it they gave you no options, you need to put the link on twitter you would be surprised how quick they are to resolve issues

this happened to me but with my xb1 chat headset my local GAME had none so i had to wait for more to come in

Honestly, taking into account system shortage at Christmas, an extended warranty was never going to happen for me, lol. There's just no way they can guarantee you a replacement system. I would get your money back for the warranty if you have already paid for it.

You don't need to replace your console, wtf!! Game should've replace you with a controller from the start. They have handfuls of controllers at my Game store, unless they were lying to you.