Do i need a HD?

I have the Xbox 360 Slim 4gb system (Didn't come with a hard drive just like some 4 gb internal memory storage device of some kind). And I plan on buying Back to Karkand dlc for Battlefield 3? Will i need a hard drive? :\ I also have a 25gb flash drive that i've converted into a 360 storage device if that makes any kind of a difference.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know why they would bother... They should just make a HTC 4G mobile into a extended gaming device & just develop mobile technology...

The amount they would spend on tooling costs for the XBOX lite, would outweigh the cost of further developing pre-existing HTC mobile technology... Like a HTC Pad or tablet.. But you flip the screen up for console buttons etc..

Just for the record, Sony tried this crap with the PSP Go, and look where that piece of garbage ended up.

Yes that's right although it was an indirect rumour that suggested it wouldn't have an optical drive so it might have but what's certain is that before the 720 or 'Next' you'll get a cheap 360 or XBOX Lite.  It's actually pushing the release date of the 720 back so there will be an option for people who don't want to upgrade.

No there is a rumour going around that Microsoft plan to release a digital only version of the Xbox 360.

-

It would be the same as the 360 specification wise, the only difference being that it would not have the DVD drive. Meaning the only games you could play were those purchased from the marketplace.

-

Now this seems odd but to me it could make perfect sense as a product test, to see if consumers would buy a digital download only console.

-

It wouldn't be as expensive or as risky as a new product since the 360 is already established and if it proved a success it would open up the possibility for future consoles to go digital only.

[quote user="Templar Boe"]

It looks like the XBOX 360 lite won't have an optical drive so you'll see gains shortly.

[/quote]

Whats this? Are you on about Project Durango?

Just Buy & Install A 320GB Standalone HDD From EB Games Mate [$129.00 + $30 Cash Back & Free LEGO Star Wars: Clone Wars Arcade Game Download]

Your Console Will Need To Update, After The Installation Of The HDD Into Your 4GB Console..

get the bigger hdd there is less stress on the disk and the disk drive. though if you do not wish to pay 120$ for a 320 gb hdd or get a 250  gb hdd  [Mod Removed: Considered System Tampering]

XBOX 360 Consoles, Can Only Recognise A Max Of 16GB, On A Flash Drive & You Can't Use A USB Hub With Multiple 16GB Flash Drives Either (USB Hub, Is Recognised As One Device & One 16GB Drive...) Your 24GB Flash Drive, Will Be XBOX Configured To 16GB Too..

I've Never Had To Try All USB Ports On The Slim Though, As The HDD Is Big Enough..

Data Transfer Is Slower On USB, Compared To HDD Storage Though & You Might Experience Some Lag Using Large USB Flash Drives On BF3..

It looks like the XBOX 360 lite won't have an optical drive so you'll see gains shortly.

I've got one with 250GB, and it only cost me about $120 more than the one I had (it had 4GB), and I've downloaded Halo: Reach (removed it, I hated it). I since (I'm not the best with caretaking my game discs, so I take advantage of the download-read system) have downloaded GTA: IV, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 onto my drive, and I still have 238GB on my drive. The HDDs you can buy at GameStop (or other gaming stores if you live in a different country) carry a pretty decent amount of memory (smallest I've ever seen is 90GB) and aren't very expensive. Really, I've got to say that at least for my style of gaming, 250GB will last me a LONG time, but 4GB wouldn't last me but a month before I started pulling my hair out.