Do game updates download/install when in standby with instant-on enabled?

Ok so everytime I hear there is a huge game update (Dead Rising 3 (13gb) or BF4 (several GB updates)) I notice that when I turn on my xbox1 I never get prompted to download the update.  All that happens is I get a notification saying Installation started...and literally 5-10 seconds later I get another notification that says the same game name and LAUNCH.  Am I to believe that all my game updates are happening in the background even when the system is in standby and all the xbox one does when you turn it on is takes 10 seconds to install these updates?  I never saw anything about this for sure....thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Yes they do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wondering the same, would be nice if you received notifications of standby downloads like on the PS3/PS4.  I put my Dead Rising 3 disk in this morning just to see what would happen.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well it does download in the background, yet not like you think. I'm speaking of when its in standby and for instance your not home,  I would hope it would downloaded without intervention so when you slap in the disk or from your digital it would be ready to go. Instead, i had to slap in my disc and then wait for it to download in the background at that point. True standby for me would be it understands i have the game installed and downloads in the background on its own instead of me initiating it. That to me is true standby/background updating when it does it automatically when your asleep,away. etc.

Sorry this didn't help.