DO GAME DEVELOPERS GET PAID FOR XBOXLIVE

DO GAME DEVELOPERS GET PAID FOR  THE AMOUNT OF XBOXLIVE TRAFFIC THEY GENERATE?

WHERE DOES THE $50 A MONTH GO ? WHO ARE WE REALLY PAYING FOR THAT SERVICE?

THE ONLY REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE MW3 AND RECENT GAMES HAVE REALLY MADE A HARD PUSH FOR ONLINE CONTENT. DO THEY GET PAID FOR HOW MANY PEOPLE END UP PLAYING THEIR GAME??

THANKS-

-STU

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="Sergeant Sodom"]DO GAME DEVELOPERS GET PAID FOR  THE AMOUNT OF XBOXLIVE TRAFFIC THEY GENERATE?[/quote]Doesn't really work like that.[quote]WHERE DOES THE $50 A MONTH GO ?[/quote]Who is paying $50/month? Live's MSRP is $60/yr, though with sales on subscription cards I've not paid list price since 2005... Call of Duty Elite is $50/yr.[quote]THE ONLY REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE MW3 AND RECENT GAMES HAVE REALLY MADE A HARD PUSH FOR ONLINE CONTENT.[/quote]Are you referring to Call of Duty Elite? You're paying for extra "Elite" stuff from Activision.[quote]DO THEY GET PAID FOR HOW MANY PEOPLE END UP PLAYING THEIR GAME??[/quote]No, it's not a kickback thing. Bandwidth is not free. I don't believe Microsoft charges devs for the bandwidth their products use on Live (in terms of downloading of DLC). Other companies aren't as nice (Sony).