Do cross-gen games have separate achievements?

I've already played FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 on my Xbox 360. However I'm awaiting the arrival of my Xbox One on Friday and was wondering...when my gamertag has been transferred and I start up either of these games will I have my current Xbox 360 gamerscore for these games or do my achievements start again as I'm now playing on a different platform?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Damn... I was hoping that wasn't the case. Some achievements can't be re-earned on my Xbox One if I'm transferring my FIFA and Battlefield 4 data over. For example there is an achievement on BF4 for reaching Rank 25 online...but I already have this. So am I correct in the way I'm thinking?

i was replying to Al

How could your game progress transfer? Of course you have to start over.

[quote user="GlovesAreOff"]

Damn... I was hoping that wasn't the case. Some achievements can't be re-earned on my Xbox One if I'm transferring my FIFA and Battlefield 4 data over. For example there is an achievement on BF4 for reaching Rank 25 online...but I already have this. So am I correct in the way I'm thinking?

[/quote]

From what I was just reading it appears that game progress does not cross over either. Possibly with BF4 and CoD as they have their own player stat stuff your online ranks might remain but from what I can gather actual game progress does not carry over. So start campaigns from the beginning and repeat achievements :(

They'll show up as 2 different games, similar to GFWL, I have windows GTA IV and 360 GTA IV as diff games for gamerscore, you need to earn it twice,

I know :)

There is an achievement in Fifa 14 which is to Complete all Manager tasks. I did this in Early access and the system didnt register it so I had to create a new club on Fifa 14 Retail which was annoying. I imagine I will have to do it again. I should hopefully have the full 1000G in 2 days or so from Fifa 14.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

i was replying to Al

[/quote]

I thought there might be a chance that cloud saves might carry over but that was my thinking from a while back

I was purely talking about online stats. i'm aware saves don't transfer over

I wish I had known that before buying the 360 version of ghosts. I was not going to get it as I was planing on getting rid of my 360 before launch and only decided to pick it up when the upgrade offer was announced. I only got x amount of achievements before getting rid of my 360 and thought I would finish the rest on the ONE ... oops :(