DNS servers can't resolve the name of the X Box live servers or X Box.com

Okay, never posted on one of these before, so forgive me if I miss something. I read the post on how to resolve this issue, I tried everything suggested (both here and on X box help site). I called my internet provider (as the help site suggested). The problem is, my computer is on the internet, and I use a internet phone, both of which work fine...so my internet provider says the problem is with my X box...so now what do I do? Modem to router, router to both computer & X box, I checked my DNS settings and manually entered them, I reset, shut everything down, restarted, and ended up in the same place. People I know who have X box say all they did was plugged it in and presto, good to go (just my luck lol) so forgive me for yelling but.....HELP!!! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

first, check the DNS in the network settings of your xbox & make sure its set to automatic if it currently is not.

if it already is, the fast way to work around it is to  specify the dns instead of using automatic. its not actually fixing it, but it should get you back online while working on what the actual issue is.

primary: 8.8.8.8

secondary: 8.8.4.4

these are googles public DNS servers and work fairly well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.