DNS Error

I have read the announcement post, along with every link that searching Google has lead me to, all without any help to me. What really bothers me is that I have been getting on Xbox Live for years without any issues, then all of a sudden I am getting the DNS error. I am on a wired connection. I switched cables, reset modem, everything I can possibly do. I even set my network up to use Google's DNS and changed the Xbox to that as well. I have called Xbox Live support and they always tell me to do the same thing, reset modem, reconfigure my settings on Xbox, then they tell me to call my ISP. I have called multiple times to get different people and I get the same answers. I called my ISP and of course they want to say it's an Xbox Live issue. My laptop can connect wireless and wired to the modem. I can get wireless on my smart phone from the internet. Just Xbox Live won't connect. Any ideas???? Could this possibly be an issue with the Xbox itself?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I forgot to add that I did make sure my ports were forwarded

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey SylvanOwl

sorry to hear you are having so many issues with this. since you have already done everything possible the best thing I can tell you is to call Xbox Support and have them escalate your case to T3 and see if maybe there is something wrong with either your console or your account, and hopefully they can help you out more.

Also have you tried connecting to a different network? for example take your Xbox to a friends house and try to connect there? I know its a hassle but at this point its worth a try.

hope your issue is resolved :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.