DNS Error

This is really stupid. One day out of the blue, I could not connect to Xbox live. The reason is because of the DNS error. You see, I have wired internet connection to my router. My cable provider told me there was something wrong with my router. I have a new one. The same error occurs. I've played with cords, called Microsoft, I've called my cable provider, I've even unplugged my router for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. This is extremely annoying. There is no reason why this should be happening. I'd love to know what is going on. What is DNS? Why is this occurring? Why Microsoft????? Why?!?! For no good reason whatsoever, my internet has gone haywire, my Xbox is not connecting, and all I've ever wanted to do was playing some DeadRising 3.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 70 Applies to:

Greetings GoldenCasanova!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your router and your modem as well (if this is not a single device).

If you haven't already, browse to Xbox network settings. Make sure IP and DNS settings are set to obtain this information automatic.

Select Alternate MAC Address and then select Clear. Restart your console. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

please guys i want to connect to xbox live but when i press test xbox live connection it connects only to the network ( wired connection) and doesn"t connect to the internet and xbox live. Please i am suffering SINCE THREE DAYS please help :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, Adham sniper 14! This thread is kind of old. In order to get you the best help possible, please post a new thread detailing your issue with connecting to Live. Thanks so much!

Sorry this didn't help.